What happend to 'Line Input'?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Jul 4 09:12:06 EDT 2002

Actually line and the like are output faders only on the ac97 design;
input gain is the one you tweak. Basically signals go to
input gain then the input mux; then through the output faders line mic etc then to
the output mux. If you capture the output mux the line settings take affect on record
but if you capture line you need to modify input gain.
I think an input gain of 7 equates to 0db gain whereas
input gain of zero equates to -20.0db or somesuch.