gnopernicus checkout script.

Thomas D. Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Wed Jul 3 02:05:22 EDT 2002

Hi, I know there has been a lot of discussion from these two lists about Gnopernicus, and it's development so I wrote a simple shell script to check it out of  cvs for you if you wish to work on it or look at what is there.

First, I recommend grabbing the Gnome 2.0 stable source code from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/2.0.0/releases/gnome-2.0-desktop-final/

After downloading, and building Gnome 2.0, then you can copy this code into a text file called get-gnopernicus, use chmod 755 get-gnopernicus, and copy it into /bin.Then, run it. Here is the shell script.

 #!/bin/sh

echo 'Running get gnopernicus v0.1.'
echo 'The following shell script will check the gnopernicus screen
reader from gnome cvs.'

echo 'Making folder where cvs will save the source.'
mkdir gnopernicus-cvs
cd gnopernicus-cvs

 echo 'setting CVS root'
 export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome'

echo 'Logging into the gnome cvs server.'
echo 'Press enter to login as anonymous.'
cvs login

echo 'checking out Gnopernicus.'
cvs -z3 checkout gnopernicus

echo 'Checking out gnome-speech.'
cvs -z3 checkout gnome-speech

echo 'Download complete!'
echo 'Make sure to download, build, and install the gnome 2.0 libs and
gtk+ 2.0!'