problem with speakup and artic synth?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Jul 2 17:27:57 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 11:54:25AM -0230, Doug Lawlor wrote:
> A couple of questions:
> What is the Speakup RPM?  I take it that this RPM replaces your kernel.
> I am not a Redhat user.
Yes, the kernel package replaces the standard kernel supplied with RedHat.
Its basically identical to the RedHat 7.3 kernel but with the latest? (at the time anyway) cvs version of speakup patched in.

> When you say when a string begins with a '-', is this string given on
> the command line or in the resulting output from the programs in
No, in the resulting output.
it seems that anything which begins with a dash at the start of a line gets ignored,
anything after the next space is read.
I should have mentioned the Transport I have is on loan till the end of the week, and has rom revision 1.5.
After that, since it looks as though transports and transbooks are no longer available, I'll be getting a doubletalk or something.
> question?  I am using a Transbook which is a Transport with a bunch of
> features for reading files on the unit I don't use anyway.  so all I'm
> using are the Transport functions of the unit.
Regards
Aaron

> Doug
>

> --
> Doug Lawlor <dlawlor at roadrunner.nf.net>

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |