Conflicting pronunciations

Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Mon Jul 1 13:31:34 EDT 2002

Hi all.  Just happened to notice when moving thru a line with current
previous and next word, I'm running across one of those typical English
strange-isms.  For instance, the word is spelled
b a s s
If you are over this word, and press current word, it pronounces it
correctly.  If you press current word again,  it pronounces it like a fish
(grin).
If you move back and forth with back and forward a word, and then go to
current word, the 2 pronunciations alternate.  This is with my dec
express.  I'll try it later with doubletalk.

Speaking of doubletalk, I'm wondering about still trying to remedy a
problem with uppercase designations.

With my hearing loss, I have difficulty deciphering the pitch increase for
uppercase.  So, many moons ago, we changed it so it wil say the word cap
before the characters, rather than raising the pitch.  Far as I know, I
have the very latest double firmware 5 2 3.  When positioned over
characters, I randomly get it to say cap correctly, but many other times
it still says like start equals or stop equals

The dec express does seem to handle it ok.  Any thoughts?? Thanks as
always.