Accessible JAVA Development Tools

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Thu Jan 31 18:17:08 EST 2002

Now tasked with learning JAVA for my job.  It's really exciting! though
because I'm so interested in the development possibilities for Accessible
apps in Linux for persons who are blind or vision impaired.
okay, I'm really green! regarding JAVA.  I've heard noises about the JAVA
tools in use  as all GUI and not being accessible?  What works in Linux for
those of you JAVA developers out there?

If you'd prefer writing to me offline as this isn't a LInux-related topic,
maybe that would be the best thing to do.

I know I have one claim to unfame on here! and that's that I must start more
off topic discussions than anybody!  Sorry about that folks.  Guess it's
because I enjoy discussing and debating issues with you all.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda Lee
Alexandria, VA