pine and html

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Thu Jan 31 09:21:48 EST 2002

Hi gang,

My pine configuration seems to be showing me those html messages
in plain text, and I am not sure why. I am suing version 4.44 and
have tinkered so much with the many features that I cannot
pinpoint what it is that causes my pine to be so friendly with
html stuff. Here are a few features I have selected that might be
doing it:

	enable-msg-view-urls,
	enable-msg-view-attachments,
	show-plain-text-internally,
	prefer-plain-text,

If anybody would like a copy of my .pinerc to play with I will be
happy to send it, but it makes two nonstandard references that
might be a problem for you: my lynx resides in /usr/local/bin
instead of /usr/bin, and I have defined an alternative editor
which is invoked implicitely. The editor is actually a script
with first runs nano and then runs ispell against the composed
message automatically . You would want to change those two
references to match your own system configuration.

Chuck

Visit me now at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (90% of Full)