RH 6.2 Versus RH 7.2

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Wed Jan 30 15:08:21 EST 2002

What are you smoking, ntfs and the nt os leaves a lot to be desired. NT
does not handle a hard shut down and power up nearly as good as EXT3.
Speaking from personal experience. NT leavies a number of .tmp files
laying around after such a cycle. I don't see linux and ext3 doing this.

In M$ defence, they have done a better of handling this in Windows 2000
and NTFS, but it is still not perfect, or as reliable as ext3 and linux.

Oh yeah, I have found that the same holds true for linux and reiserfs,
and its superiority over ntfs. I can not prove it, but I find reiserfs
better then ext3. I think it is based on what I have read so far on both
systems, but that is all I'll say on this.

Stephen Dawes  <B.A., B.Sc.>
The City of Calgary
	Web Business Office
Ph:  (403) 268-5527
FX:  (403)  268-6423
Mailto:  stephen.dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca >
WWW:  http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca

FOIPP NOTIFICATION
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person
responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended
recipient, YOU ARE  HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or
copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it
is strictly prohibited.
immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication,
or return it to us by mail if requested by us.

Thank you for your attention and co-operation.