Unloading Linux

Rodney rodneylist at home.com
Wed Jan 30 09:46:54 EST 2002

Hi all.

I was having trouble installing Slackware Linux on a computer so I tried
it on my development hard drive.  I was going to reinstall Windows on it
anyway so I tested the Slackware install and all went well.  But now I
have to remove Linux and reinstall Windows 98 SE.

The problem is that even though I repartitioned the hard drive and
reformatted it with my windows startup disk, the LILO menu still
appears.

I assume the menu is written on the boot sector of the hard drive and my
reformatting does not erase it.

Can anyone tell me how to totally clear my hard drive so I can do a
fresh install of a different OS?

Rodney