ppp & cdrw access

Angelo Sonnesso asonnesso at coastalnet.com
Tue Jan 29 04:21:26 EST 2002

I have installed Slackware 8.0 and I have been trying to get on line using
the following command.
ppp -go
I get a message saying permission denied.
When I log in as root and try the same command, bash says no such command.
I have tried reinstalling pp.tgz, but that doesn't seem to help.
Any suggestions/
Is there any documentation that would help?
I read the ppp document on the slackware CD.

How do you read from the cdrw after logging in as a user, or even root?
The documentation available is really good, but sometimes the little items
become rather elusive.
The information you get from speakup when you boot into Linux is terrific.
Thanks for any help you can give.