Speakup and Mandrake

Ron Marriage marriage at seidata.com
Sun Jan 27 16:04:56 EST 2002

Actually it has all the console tools you could want.
The gui is only a default if you take the default install,
My wife and son also use the same computer and they are
sighted and like the KDE gui.
It boots into console and they can run startx to get to what
they want.
I've ran with emacspeak for some time now, but want to try
speakup because it gives me access to not only the startup
messages, but also better access to my prefered email and
browser, pine and lynx.

Ron