Checkout Problems

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Jan 24 10:05:05 EST 2002

On one of my machines, I get the following output when I try to run the
latest checkout script:
Patching version v22
./checkout: [: ==: binary operator expected
cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

This same script works on two other machines of mine so I probably have
something screwed up on this box with an older version of slackware.  I am
particularly suspect of the "binary operator operator expected" messages.
Another hint: I got this message a whole bunch of times while doing a
normal ./install of the speakup 1.00 source patch earlier.

What might this all mean?