Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Georgina gena at gena-j.net
Wed Jan 23 13:02:15 EST 2002

Hi

Well as I said in a previous post.  Its a matter of perception.  Of course
Microslop users aren't interested in how the PC works nor do they need to know
a lot?  Its an illusion which some Blinux users need to drop and face reality.
MS users have to know a lot more than they're usually given credit.  Listen
to today's "Main Menu" feature on accessing Google's Usernet groups.  Now what
was it?  Control + insert + down arrow for Window Eyes users and insert + enter
for JFW 4.0 users.  Now how do I enter text in an edit field, edit box or is
it rich edit field?  Oh ya, insert is the numeric zero key.

I'm not suggesting that GNU/Linux isn't without a steep learning curve, I'm just
suggesting that the gap isn't as wide as many believe.

Gena