(off-topic) ADA

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Jan 23 10:45:43 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.  In Alabama, readers are required to pass a background check.
> Also, they have to pay for the background check.  Because of this, I
> haven't had help in several years.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. In Alabama a person is
supposed to pay a fee (guessing in the area of $50) so that they can help
a blind person out making maybe $7.00 an hour? That is a nice barier to
having to pay the minimal rates they do. Readers never get compensation
that is worthy. I think you should speak with your state legislator about
why he wants to deny you services. Then get as many other people you can
to call asking the same question.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.