Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Jan 22 17:18:35 EST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Amanda Lee wrote:

> I would like to suggest that someone coordinate with Jonathan M and ask
> him to host a Mainstream or other  show from teh acb.org acbradio site
> such that some who can present the true facts behind how Linux is truly a
> more open access approach.  Although Linux may not become everyone's
> personal choice, it's  meaningful to at least present well-founded
> information.

FWIW, I wrote to Jonathan privately.  I know the guy pretty well.  I'd be
happy to post what I sent to him.  For me, it wasn't the usability aspect
of what he wrote that got me, since that is surely a matter of personal
preference.  What did get me was the opinion that what could be done was
much less efficient and that it was his opinion that less could be done
than was actually true.  So I wrote back to him and corrected some of his
assertions.  I offered to take up his challenge, I hope he follows through
with it.

Geoff.