gnopernicus

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 22 10:23:40 EST 2002

Gnopernicus isn't a tts. It is a screen reader, magnifier, and dictation
project made into one project title.
Why are they reinventing the wheel? Easy Speakup can't do what they need it
to do. Speakup needs to be made to run as a module. Speakup needs software
speech support. Speakup needs to be able to read x-windows application.
Finally, simple, not vary experienced users, will want a screen reader which
is easier to install. No average Joe Smo wants to build a screen reader from
source. They want to run an rpm file, and be done with it.
The last reason is there are many companies, large companies, that have
their hand in the pot on this one, and the only screen reader they are
likely to support is Gnopernicus.
Welcome to the wonderful world of business!