installing debian using speakup

Terry Cudney tcudney at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 21 10:24:08 EST 2002

Hi,

	Kirk's suggestion, below, is good if your machine will boot from a CDROM. If it won't, then you can use the 'rescue.bin' and 'root.bin' files to create floppy images from which to boot. Once booted, withthe 'root' filesystem mounted using the command 'linux speakup_synth=your_synth_name' atthe boot prompt, you can continue with the setup/installation from the contents of the CDROM.

		Go to www.linux-speakup.org, choose "Download Software" then choose "Debian Installatin". The instructions are there. The iso image and floppy images are there. There's a reference to the excellent instrucional on installing Debian from the Debian website itself. If you read/follow the instructions there, you won't go wrong.

HTH,
	--terry
You wrote:

-=> Easiest my roommie and I found are to download the CD image from speakup
-=> and boot from that.
-=>
-=> =======
-=> Kirk Wood
-=> Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net
-=>
-=> Nowlan's Theory:
-=>         He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
-=>         the next freeway exit.
Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	tcudney at sympatico.ca

Q:	How many hardware engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?