Update: was Slackware 8.0 install error

Rodney rodneylist at home.com
Sun Jan 20 16:23:29 EST 2002

Another update guys and gals.

I moved the Doubletalk LT and tried the boot and root disks on another
computer.  This computer came up talking in about 30 seconds (much
better than the other computer - maybe bad floppy drive).  I inserted
the root disk and pressed enter but still came up with the same errors.

So I used rawrite windows version to put color.gz onto a different
floppy again.  This time I used a laptop to make the floppy.

I tried the boot and root disks on the faster responding computer and
still came up with the same errors.  Errors are listed below again.

(error message)
UMSDOS: msdos_read_super failed, mount aborted.

(error message)
Invalid session number or type of track
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 02:1c

Thanks for any help.
rodney