Will Redhat Become a Division of AOL Time-Warner?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jan 20 09:07:09 EST 2002

That's what makes competition so important.  If AOL buys up Red Hat and
ruins it like they do everything else, Just go to a different distro!
While doing this, those who enjoy using Red Hat's environment should then
write to AOL and tell them how they are switching to a different product.

I for one, never use anything with AOL in it! I don't like their
proprietary stance on so many things and how they fuck up every computer
their software touches.  Case in point, just look at any computer that has
the AOL internet explorer and other components on it.  I've talked to
numerous people who installed AOL and how much trouble they had with their
systems and how they couldn't get all the stuff out when trying to remove
AOL.  IF Red Hat goes down that path, I wouldn't go near it with a ten
foot pole!