ot, a virus resource needed

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jan 18 21:24:27 EST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Hmmm, just for future reference, where do you get this fprot from,

You can apparently get it from http://www.fprot.org/fr_english.htm (their
main page is in German), and I've also seen it on places like Tucows and
such.  It seems it's free for personal non-commercial use only.

> and does it work well with wineyes?

No idea.  I think there's a DOS version as well as a win32 one, but I've
not really looked into it.   There's also a link to a linux beta, but it's
broken right now (the link, not necessarily the software).  It doesn't say
whether this would check for linux viruses or windows ones in say, E-mail
attachments and word docs.

Geoff.