Telephone / Address directory program?

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jan 16 18:26:43 EST 2002

Georgina said the following on Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:23:02PM +0000:
> Hi

Howdy.

> I wondered if there were any handy terminal programs for storing telephone numbers and addresses.  While I've been playing with postgresql, I don't know variations of the select statements well enough for this simple task.  It feels like using a sledge hammer for a very small nut.  I'm just looking for a small program that I as a single user can enter names, addresses and telephone numbers and retrieve quite easily.  Any ideas?

I don't remember which distro you use but there is a Debian package
which I use and works quite well.  If you don't use Debian I'm sure you
can find it from freshmeat.net and install it manually.

Package: abook
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 176
Maintainer: Alan Ford <alan at whirlnet.co.uk>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.4.14-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.3-7), libncurses5 (>= 5.2.20010310-1)
Filename: pool/main/a/abook/abook_0.4.14-1_i386.deb
Size: 34556
MD5sum: 39683e77a3ad53bcd551865b82c5e7c5
 abook is a text-based ncurses address book application. It provides
many
 different fields of user info. abook is designed for use with mutt, but
 can be used independently.