Problems with pdf files.

BTBG kheltsley at shell.core.com
Tue Jan 15 10:06:27 EST 2002

Good luck with that. Maybe a lawyer is the thing to do. I have dealt with a
publisher before who had me sign a form stating that I wouldn't reproduce
their material and they literally emailed me, chapter by chapter, the entire
book that I wanted.

If there are only a few spots that are locked, you might try using OCR
scanning to see how well it will read the info.  It would be a bear to have
to scan the entire PDF and OCR, at least in Windows environments, isn't
always the most accurate of technologies.

from
Keith H.

No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

--- You Wrote: ---

That's the problem. They insist pdf documents are accessible because of
Adobe's 5.0 release. However, what they aren't getting is I am trying to
read a document on Linux, and Adobe for Linux doesn't work with speech.
It is a case were I am going to have to call them back, and insist on
talking to some high level official, and tell them the problem.
Perhaps tell them if they don't cooperate with my accessible needs I may
have to get a lawyer, and see if they are violating some accessability laws.
After all they insist it is accessible, but only accessible to those with
new Microsoft based technologies.