Problems with pdf files.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Jan 14 09:05:11 EST 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, David Poehlman wrote:
> hold on.  discussing this further on the list may put the list in the
> throws of a sticky mess.  we should take this off list but I do want to
> point out that it is the distributor of the software and the maker of
> the software who may end up in the slammer in this case.

First, anyone who says where to get the program can be prosecuted. That is
the whole thing about the DVD case in the US. Second, the law provides for
prosecution of people who actually download said program. At the end of
napster they were going after people who were downloading.

Therefore, I have said what I will say. As I said, pay attention to some
people's fate. I wouldn't have said that if I planned on posting the
information on how to get the program.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.