anti-word

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Jan 13 19:36:55 EST 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Amanda Lee wrote:
> Hahahahahahahah! agreed! wonder why Kirk Wood is even bothering to
> participate since he's been so brainwashed!  Bigger certainly isn't better
> by any means!

Well, for someone stating personal attacks aren't appropriate you sure are
good at it. First, at least I an spell my name correctly (Amana). Second,
I don't feel word is better. It is used and many people have no choice in
platforms at work. I use Linux at home and macroslop at work. Then again,
I am sighted so perhaps not so damn bitter about corperate reality.

The simple fact is that there aren't enough jobs in government
(Amanda) and advocacy groups (Janina) to employ all the blind
people. There are many people who are faced with harsh reality. A resume
in Word format will get more attention then one in text format. And making
the same thing in html takes way more skill then in word.

Is it a good thing that word is so accepted? NO, it isn't. But it is
reality. And when people stop being bitter and deal with reality they do
better in life.

I have tried for a year and a half to intorduce Linux as a server
platform. But unfortunately, the choice hasn't been there. Because some
people refuse to consider the costs my workplace is mired helplessly in
macroslop. So I have two choices. I can be bitter and be left behind, or I
can learn macroslop even if it is inferior.

I think using linux at home is great. Using it when possible in the
working world is even better. But going back to the original problem - not
everyone has the nicity of refusing to deal with word files.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.