anti-word

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sun Jan 13 17:06:55 EST 2002

Not really Greg,
 It is not acceptible to initiate personal attacks and we appreciate that.

Having said that.  I have been gainfully employed by the Private
Sector/Verizon Communications for 10 years of my employed life and I have
advocated for myself very effectively yet stood my ground.   I've also
worked nearly 9 years for Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service
as a senior programmer analyst.  I know for a fact! that advocating for what
is in the best interest of my ability to perform my work effectively has
enabled me rather than disabled me from the successes I have enjoyed.
O'yeah, feathers get ruffled from time to time but that is just a part of
life in general.  One must stand his or her ground in order to overcome
barriers and nobody said it's easy nor pleasant and especially that one is
required to cave into what those who are otherwise clueless want to dictate.

Maybe it's time to drop this thread though as we've gone beyond the topic of
Speakup ha!  Still the reason why the majority of us are here in the first
place is simply because we know that  Microsoft isn't the appropriate
solution to Accessibility to persons who are blind or vision impaired.

Amanda Lee