initializing speakup

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Jan 13 16:16:38 EST 2002

Gregory Nowak said the following on Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:09:58PM -0600:
> Then maybe people not familar with bash scripting should get familar to get the most mileage out of bash.
> Greg

I disagree here.  Just because one person may be good at bash scripting
and another one at perl scripting is no reason to assume everyone is.
Also, some people are very new to Linux in general so sample scripts
would be very helpful.  I personally have learned a lot from code
examples rather than just reading about it.  I do agree that someone
should read up on what they want to learn but what if reading what you
want to do involves listening to very slow speech.  Having the script
code example would allow you to get started faster and you can learn the
specifics on what makes that code work.

Just my opinion.

--
We are writing this e-mail to inform you that the mail server is down.
Please do not call the help desk for assistance.  To see the progress of