anti-word

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sun Jan 13 13:52:47 EST 2002

You are correct.  However, all that you needed to do was to point out to
your professor that he could easily use "Save As" from the pulldown menu and
save his documents for mailing to you in text.  I frequenlty do this when I
receive Word documents as I will today for two courses I'm taking this week
on Networks and Advanced TCP/IP.  These I will download to my notetaker as
they are smaller and there is a book reader function in my notetaker and so
I can read these files while I'm in the taxi going to work or whatever.

I agree that the Universities are at the root of much of this but ...  they
really don't need to know nor do anything other than press the right buttons
and click on the desired choice.

Amanda Lee