anti-word

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Jan 13 13:40:20 EST 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I rather think it arrogant to presume everyone wants and reads Word. I
> regard it as arrogant to presume we all pay tribute to Microsoft. I
> further regard it arrogant to treat a proprietary, non-consensus, file
> format as some kind of standard.

While it may be arrogant, it is reality. The reality is that business
documents are often in word format, and if they send you a document to
edit in word format, they expect it back in the same format. I suppose it
is arrogant, but then again companies have been arrogant for many
years. They still have the gall to tell you what is acceptable to wear and
expect you to schedule your life arround them.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.