suggestions for Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jan 13 01:07:49 EST 2002

Only reason I could see some people doing this is that would be their
reference, especially if they are new to linux and speakup.  They look at
the current list of features with their "current" environment which may
well be winblowsand perhaps DOS.  One sightable example might be
windows/frames to speak selected parts of the screen.  Somebody might
compare this with a similar feature available in their favorite winblows
screen reader.

BTW, I see that as a valueable feature to read such things as status
lines, top lines, etc.  What I do for an interim solution, I can
continually respeak the same part of the screen over and over if I want by
parking the cursor with the keypad-Dash key so the cursor won't move and
then reading the current line.  Obviously nothing as powerful as user
defined windows.

I wish I had more background knowledge on this so I could help towards
bringing this feature to pass.