Newbie, Adding Speakup to existing RH7.2 installation

Joe Clever jclever at clevercentral.com
Sat Jan 12 18:45:54 EST 2002

Hi Listers,

I am a low vision user of linux and would like to add speakup to my laptop.
I have been futzing around with linux for about a year, but am still a
newbie. I already have stock Redhat 7.2 installed, along with WinME and
WinXP. If it's not too difficult, I would like to install speakup without
doing a full install of the modified Redhat/Speakup ISO's. I am basically
afraid of hosing my current partitioning. Is there more to it than just
replacing the kernel?  I looked through the mailing list archives for clues
and saw mention of ftp://ftp.octothorp.org/pub/redhat-7.2/b1/RedHat/RPMS/.
Are these the modified or stock RPM's?

Can someone give me some direction and/or point me to any specific doc's for
doing this?

Thanks.