ms-word, was: Re: anti-word

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Jan 11 17:13:04 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> The instances I'm thinking of actually involve formatting. I use the bns for most of my word processing, and I find myself using it's extensive formatting features a lot.
> > If you need to enhance a document with special fonts, formatting,
> > etc., then fine but most times, Word is a huge hog.

You can also use html for this. It has wonderful tags such as <center>
<strong> <emphasis> (which is not the same), etc. And, it lets you link
other documents and other locations in the same document.

Having said all this, I should point out that this same topic has cropped
up on blinux in the last 24 hours. An interesting tool was suggested there
called "Almost Free Text." Find it at:

http://www.maplefish.com/todd/aft.html