changing to frame buffers

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Fri Jan 11 15:32:28 EST 2002

Hi Chuck,

Don't know about frame buffers in 2.2.19, but I remember that they're there. I'm running 2.4.17 now, so can't help you there.
Below is the frame buffers line from lilo.conf that works for me.

# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
 vga=791

This may or may not work for you once you get things set up in 2.2.19. What I did about the "holding my hand" problem is made a lilo boot disk vefore I started. That way, if things blew up after changing the vga stuff in lilo.conf and running lilo causing my system not to start, I just would simply boot from my lilo boot disk, and try again. Hth.
Greg