Samba, Swat, and Winbind

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Jan 10 15:48:48 EST 2002

I have to get Samba working for myself in my new office. At the moment I
have two questions that I would appreciate help with:

1.) Since the server is Win2K, I think I need to use winbind. Does anyone
know whether the 2.2.2 rpm files include winbind support? The accessory
files at samba.org are quite old, and the thought of taking this one on
from source and cvs is daunting to say the least;

2.)	This second question is easier, I think. I'm trying to start swat
(which I've used before--but not on this installation). I lynx
http://127.0.0.1:901 and get a read error. The messages from
/var/log/secure are:

START: swat pid=19792 from=127.0.0.1
FAIL: swat libwrap from=127.0.0.1