I knew there was a good reason why I hated modules

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jan 10 10:28:34 EST 2002

Hi:

Trying to install alsa 0.9beta10 which I successfully compiled for my other
box using an sbawe.  this box has an sb16 which is pretty much the same,
dsp wise.  So what does this mean and how do I fix it?

/lib/modules/2.2.20/misc/snd.o: unresolved symbol waitqueue_lock
/lib/modules/2.2.20/misc/snd.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.2.20/misc/snd.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.2.20/misc/snd.o: insmod snd-card-sb16 failed

I can see that snd.o which is the main core module here is failing to load
due to an unresolved symbol.  So what does this do for me?  How can I try
to sort this out?

Geoff.