/dev/synth and DOSemu, test results

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Wed Jan 9 20:38:35 EST 2002

Please do report back. I've stuck around with speakup under dosemu, because I thought there would be a problem with assigning /dev/synth as com1 because of baud rate and all that stuff.
I've got a doubletalk pc, and considered using provox7 under dosemu tricking it into thinking my synth was a doubletalk lt on com 1 which would be actually /dev/synth. Wasn't sure if that would work though. I guess it does after reading your post.
Greg