Pine and filters

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Jan 9 20:08:05 EST 2002

Okay I'm going to attempt this from memory cuz uh i'm currently in
WindBlows/ME!

First:

press m to go to Main Menu;

next:

press r for rules;

next:

press f for filters;

next:

press a to add a filter;

next:

you'll see a page which you can scroll up and down via the arrows;

the first item is the nicname or name that you want to call this rule/filter
so you press <enter> and then ctrl-k to blankout the field.
Enter the name that you desire such as speakup.
press the <enter> key.

next:

arrow down or press w for where to find the from: to: reply to: or subject:
fields and use the same method as described above to enter the selection
criteria desired.
Press <enter>

Next:

use the w or where key to find the word "move"

This one should be the "Move to folder" option which is usually already
marked with an asterisk/Star/ "*".

just below this item is the field where you enter the desired folder that
you want which could be "speakup" without the quotes.

next:

press the w or where key to fine "move" and press <enter> to check this item
which says "move if not deleted" you may not care about this but I do.

next:

press e to exit and y to save changes and it may prompt to create the folder
that you designated.

press y to create the folder.

press e again and if there are messages which match the criteria you
selected for from: to: reply to: or Subject, etc., you will hear a message
which says

### messages moved to speakup folder or whatever folder you are working
with.

When new messages arrive you will hear a message which tells you that ###
messages are being moved to which folder is applicable.

Hope this helps.   As I said, there are quite a number of selection criteria
in the options available for setting up a filter.  I don't really fully
understand all of them nor do I generally use more than what I have already
described as a simple way to setup a rule/filter.

Amanda Lee
Alexandria, VA

 is where the