RH7.2 w/Speakup enabled

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Jan 8 01:38:11 EST 2002

Actually, one of each.  The first system has SCSI, so, as you say, it was
a piece of cake.  The laptop has an ATAPI CD burner.  When i got to the
kernel parameters screen in the installation, I found that RH7.1 had
detected the burner and placed "hdc=ide-scsi" on the line that would be
fed to lilo.  I just moved the cursor to the right of the statement and
added the all important "speakup_synth=audptr".

          Bill