sample "lilo.conf", anyone?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jan 6 19:44:21 EST 2002

Hi, Dave:

Here's the lilo.conf that you sent earlier this evening. I have some
comments which I've marked JANINA and END/JANINA:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
compact
timeout=0
JANINA: A timeout of 0 will not get you the opportunity to specify what
you want to boot--because you've given yourselv 0 tenths of a second to do
that. I suggest at least 100 here, better still something like 500 which
would be 50 seconds;
END JANINA
 message=/boot/message
lba32
default=win
serial=0,9600N8

image = /boot/vmlinuz
JANINA: This presumes you've got something called /boot/vmlinuz, right?
It's probably a symbolic link to your actual kernel.
END/JANINA
label=litetalk
alias = l
vga=0X317
JANINA: Whether this command works right on your system depends on your
video and whether your kernel has support for frame buffers. For me, it
gives me a screen of 48 rows and 135 columns. Your mileage may vary.
END/JANINA
read-only
root=/dev/hda2
append = "speakup_synth=ltlk hdc=ide-scsi hde=ide-scsi"
JANINA: Unless you really have two IDE CD ROMS, one in /dev/hdc and the
other in /dev/hde, and you have scsi emmulation available to your kernel,
you should get rid of everything after ltlk, except the closing quotation
mark, obviously. My reason for this is that I have an IDE CD ROM burner,
and cdrecord only talks to scsi devices, so I need to use scsi emmulation
to burn CDR's. Ditto to all of this below.
END/JANINA

 image = /boot/vmlinuz
label=bns
alias = b
vga=0X317
read-only
root=/dev/hda2
append = "speakup_synth=bns hdc=ide-scsi hde=ide-scsi"

other=/dev/hda1
optional
label=win
alias =w
JANINA: You should be able to launch any of these three with just your
alias plus enter. So, w enter should start windows, and l enter should
start linux with speakup support for the litetalk.
END/JANINA

 table = /dev/hda

--

				Janina Sajka, Director