hosts.allow

Ari Moisio armoi at sci.fi
Sun Jan 6 13:20:36 EST 2002

Hi!

  Try man tcpd or man hosts_access. Sshd will use /etc/hosts_*  files
only if   tcpwrapper support is included when compiling. In that case
hosts_allow line is something like
sshd : all (or sshd2 : all, try both).

  Normally sshd holds it's own access control in sshd_config file
somewhere under /etc.

  btw: make sure you use  the latest version of ssh,  earlier versions
at least 1.2.31 have severe security  problem.

 Gregory Nowak 05.01.02: