Web Browsers with Javascript?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jan 3 08:06:35 EST 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Dave Hunt wrote:

> I've encountered instances where it's used to pre-process user input on
> forms.

The stupid thing about this is, if it's programmed properly, it needn't
bother a javascript-incapable browser.  Such checking is activated by an
onclick directive.  If you have the submit action defined in the usual way,
the onclick will be called first if javascript is available and, if it
returns false, the submittion will not take place.  Why people deliberately
avoid such compatible code is beyond me.

Geoff <who recently took a crash course in javascript>