tar question

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 21:23:05 EST 2002

Hi. Hope my posts aren't getting annoying. If so, I'm sorry. Just had another question. I used to use Easy Cd creator on the winBlows box to copy the tar archives like kernel 2.4.18 and move them to the linux box. The archives were fine on the windows box. I used Cd creator with the iso9660 file system, and support for 30-character filenames to copy the archives to a Cd. The physical format of the cd was mode 2. When I coppied the file to the Linux box, re-named it using mv, and untarred it, it appeared that the archive was corrupted. However, I was able to untar the files fine on the winBlows box using winzip. Does anyone know why easy cd creator would corrupt the archive? I think it might have to do something with the way that particular program writes data to the cd, but I'm not sure. That is why I am using Nero Burning Rom to try and fix the corruption problem. If anyone has any idea as to why this type of corruption might be occuring, please let me know. Thanks for all the help so far!