tuxtalk?

Terry Cudney tcudney at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 25 19:45:38 EST 2002

Hi,

	Tuxtalk is somewhere in the indefinite future...

	First, we need modular drivers for the various speech synth's, then we need Tuxtalk to be modularized to match. And there needs to be a fair amount of work done to improve the speech quality and speed in tuxtalk.

	You (and everyone else) are welcome to grab the cvs version that is on linux-speakup.org and give it a trial. See for yourself where it's at (and maybe give a hand in getting it ready). There is a lot of work to be done on it before it will be a useable software speech synth..

	This question has come up before. I think you can find the pertinent messages in the archive.

HTH,

	--terry

You wrote:

-=> Hi.
-=> Does anyone have a relative amount of time until tuxtalk is ready for use with speakup?

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at CottageInWasaga.com -or- tcudney at sympatico.ca
WWW:	www.CottageInWasaga.com

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.