making a cd image of a directory

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Feb 18 20:19:58 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> mkisofs -r -o cdimage.iso dirname/
Yes, but this is only part of the story. This will produce an iso file
image called cdimage.iso. Some of the rest of the story might be:

1.)	You can give the image any name you want;
2.)	There may be other options you might want to specify. Do:

	mkisofs --help 2>&1 |more

	to see what the options are;
3.)	There's still the business of creating a cdrom from the iso image
file. For that you need cdrecord, and you may need to install scsi
emmulation if you don't have scsi already, somehow;