Changing the terminal type

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:45:53 EST 2002

Hi Dan.  there are a couple of ways to do this.

You could type export TERM=vt100

Note that the export command makes the TERM environment variable
publicly visible.  Note that the TERM veriable is in all caps.  The
other way is to type tset vt100.  This will set the TERM variable for
you and export it.

Gene