Using the Apache web server

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu Feb 7 13:24:42 EST 2002

Hey Dan.  If you are using a popular distro of Linux it should come with
an apache configuration already configured for this.  I use dDebian and
Slackware and they both work.  As for the web pages you should make them
644 for pages and 755 for scripts.  This works for me.  The public_html
directory needs to be 755.  You may want to look at the httpd.conf file
to check out if there is a reference to public_html.  It may be
commented.  It would be under a directory directive.

hth.
--
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.