Speech vendors shout for standards.html

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 4 13:25:13 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, David Poehlman wrote:

> It's about a war among players in industry and how much money they can
> make by capturing market share.  It's hard to justify free in that
> context.

Well we will see about that.  I think that in the end freesoftware will
reign supreme in market share, accessibility, features, and stability.  I
believe that this will happen through hardware vendors that ship boxes
with accessible Gnu/Linux systems.  People will figure out that money can
be made from free software.  Support costs can go down and stability can
improve.  This lowers cost for all involved.

So Dave when are you going to start using the Gnu/Linux system?

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com