Speech vendors shout for standards.html

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 4 12:40:31 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, David Poehlman wrote:

> I agree which is why I suggest that the fast track build on something
> other than msaa if they can.  There are some telling remarks in the
> article and for lots of reasons, I hope vxml wins out.  It is a good
> standard being that it is cross platform and open.

I am not sure really what this article was discussing.  Living in a world
where I only use freesoftware I don't tend to follow the big corporate
news unless it's hardware related.  What is this project about and how can
we as a community help them to understand the benefits of open standards
and freesoftware?

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568