So much Windows Mailer crap on this list...

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun Feb 3 16:01:36 EST 2002

Oh, man!  Of all the things I've heard on this list, nothing disturbs me
more than what's below, not even the crap that Kirk Wood regularly spews.
I don't know how many people read mail the way I do, but here's my method.
I use the export feature of Pine to get large volumes of mail and
newsgroup posts into one file.  Then, I run a script that deletes all the
nasty headers and, even some long standing tag-lines.  It also deletes
lines that begin with a greater-than symbol.  That way, I can use a pair
of wireless headphones and do dishes or walk the pupcake.  It's a lot like
listening to a talking book or the radio.

     Now, since I'm not Jim Stevenson, I realize that I can't expect
anyone to change the format of their email to suit me, so I'll just start
by using Pine's filter function to shit-can messages from senders known to
not put a greater-than symbol at the left margin of quoted text.  I do
agree that forwarded messages shouldn't have the marker.

          Bill in Denver