Speakfreely Reflect

gshang at uq.net.au gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Feb 3 01:31:22 EST 2002

>I'm connected with sfspeaker to the reflector, but I don't see myself
>listed as a "site" when I look at the list.  It says nobody's on.  If I'm
>really connected, would I show up?

Yes you would.  You need both sfmike and sfspeaker running on 4074 before
you'll show up.  And not much will show up if you don't fill in
SPEAKFREE_LWL-TELL SPEAKFREE_ID and optionally SPEAKFREE_CNAME.  If you're
using the CVS version and you want to use the L and W commands to see
who's on, define the SPEAKFREE_LWL_HTML variable to be "/speakup.html".

As an example, here's the settings from my speak freely script:

SPEAKFREE_LWL_TELL=lwl.braille.uwo.ca
SPEAKFREE_LWL_HTML=/speakup.html
SPEAKFREE_ID="Geoff Shang:gshang at uq.net.au:+61-418-96-5590:Brisbane, Australia"
SPEAKFREE_CNAME=dominic.yi.org
export SPEAKFREE_LWL_TELL SPEAKFREE_LWL_HTML SPEAKFREE_ID SPEAKFREE_CNAME

Most of this is documented in the sfspeaker manpage, though the
SPEAKFREE_LWL_HTML variable obviously isn't.

Geoff.