Aip Drive and Linux please bear with me!

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 2 21:29:34 EST 2002

I lost all of  my email from the shell server when shellworld got the ole
hack job in December.

This is one reason why I am more inclined now to put most of my email onto
my PC instead of leaving it on the server, which, via broadband, of course
is easier to backup periodically via ftp.

In some messages I had saved earlier about zip drives and accessing them via
Linux are history.

So, if I backup the data I want to keep onto zip discs and then nuke down
this hard drive, will Linux read the format?  Does Iomega offer Linux
utilities for the Zip Drive?  Actually all I really want to do is just
access the data from the zip discs.

In RH, what do you specify to mount to access the Zip Drive?

This is one thing holding me back is I can't get a NIC or other Network
Interface installed on this  box which was a WindBlows 95 box but itps
corrupt and so if I could install a network interface, then I could jus ftp
all this stuff off in an hour or so but I don't have the patience to do this
via a lousy 56K modem.

I probably have less than 2 gigs including windblows which I don't care
about to work through.

Thanks.

Amanda Lee