Using TAR

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sat Feb 2 21:20:56 EST 2002

Tar is an exception to the rule, in that its options don't require the dash. Also, the dosemu files are .tar.gz files, which means they ned to be piped through gunzip before they can be piped through tar. To have tar automatically do this, the basic options you need are zx (z for pipe through gunzip, and x for extract). So, what you want to type is something like:
"tar zx filename".
Hth.
Greg